Tuesday, October 13, 2009

S'Mores

We had a campfire last weekend in our backyard so I wanted to make it as authentic for the boys as possible. I found the following recipe for graham crackers. I substituted Stevia for the honey (we'll be able to do honey later, just not right now). I also left out the baking powder. They turned out pretty good. For marshmallow I beat egg whites until fluffy and added Stevia. For the chocolate I melted coconut oil with vanilla, salt, stevia & cocoa powder (not legal on GAPS but I felt a necessary exception). I was pretty proud of myself. The boys gobbled them up.

Here is the recipe for graham crackers:

Ingredients

3 cups almond flour
1/2 cup honey
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Instructions

1. Blend honey, eggs, spices, & baking soda. Add almond flour and mix well.

2. Take cookie size servings and smash them onto a cookie sheet to a ¼ inch thickness I use a Silicone cookie sheet liner. Leave a little room between crackers as they will puff a little bit and you will need room to maneuver flip them.

3. Bake in 325F oven for about 9 minutes.

4. Turn crackers over, and bake again for about 9 minutes.

5. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Even better if you can stand to wait until the next day to let spices really penetrate.

6. If a really crisp cracker is desired, re-warm cooled crackers in a low oven (150F) or in a dehydrator set on maximum for about 2 hours, then store.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes. In a crazy way. I find myself jealous of Tyler and Gray, for having such an amazing mom. Your love is profound. They feel it more than you think.

    ReplyDelete