- Preheat your oven to 250
- Put a large block of organic, preferably unsalted butter into a metal dish or pan.
- Leave in the oven for 45-60 minutes
- Take it out and carefully pour the golden fat from the top (ghee), making sure that the white liquid at the bottom stays in the pan.
- Discard the white liquid.
- Keep in glass jars and refrigerate.
Friday, October 2, 2009
Recipe for making Ghee (clarified butter)
Butter is great for cooking but small amounts of whey in the butter often burn. Butter also contains lactose and some milk proteins which may bother many people. Ghee on the other hand does not contain any whey, milk protein or lactose at all, just milk fat, and does not burn.