Here is what we had for dinner:
Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup in Acorn Squash Bowls
- 4-6 Red Peppers, cut in half with stems removed
- 1 Large Tomato, cut in quarters
- 3-4 cups of chicken stock
- 1 medium onion
- 2 Tb. of oil for skillet (coconut or ghee is what we used)
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1-2 Tb. Thyme
- 4 Bay leaves
- ground pepper
- garlic powder
- sea salt
- Acorn squash (1 for every 2 people)
Meanwhile, in a stockpot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and saute unitl translucent. Add the chicken stock and all of the spices and tomato paste . Bring to a gentle boil.
Remove as much skin from peppers as possible. Add to the pot. Use an immersion blender to puree the soup.
Remove squash from oven. Cut in half, scoop out seeds. Put squash in a bowl. Pour soup in squash. Top with fresh basil and/or grated cheese.
Green Bean Salad with Balsamic Dressing
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar (not GAPS legal)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 4 large shallots, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (I used 4-5 drops of Stevia)
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 lbs of green beans
1. Whisk together balsamic vinegar (not GAPS legal)and next 6 ingredients in a small bowl until blended; gradually add olive oil, whisking constantly until blended.
2. Pour over washed and trimmed green beans in a casserole dish. Bake, covered, for 20-30 min.
3. Serve over fresh greens and sprinkle with pine nuts.