Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Banana Bread

I actually made this recipe up myself. That is an unheard of feat for me. When I was in high school I was making a batch of brownies from a box and after I read "mix by hand" I actually stuck my hand in the batter and stirred it around.

That is my cooking background.

Yes, I've come a long way.

This recipe calls from 1 tsp of honey but I think it would be fine without it as long as your bananas are very, very ripe. It is made without eggs.

Banana Bread
Ingredients
2 cups blanched almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
5 very ripe bananas
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. honey
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup coconut oil (soft) or ghee (soft)
1 tsp. cinnamon

Method
whisk all dry ingredients together
blend all wet ingredients together
blend dry ingredients into wet
Pour into loaf pan greased with ghee or coconut oil
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes
then turn down to 300 and cook until mostly firm in the middle (it never firms up completely)

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha - did you really stick your hand in the batter? LOL I have just about that much cooking background myself. I love the sound of your banana bread - you certainly have come a long way!

    ReplyDelete